Emma and the Case of the Missing Bananas
>> Sunday, November 16, 2008
OK, Thursday I went to the store and brought home 2 bunches of bananas. Then Friday I looked in the cupboard and found that they were all gone. I confronted Emma (who's my big banana eater) and asked her where they went. She said she ate them.
So, Friday I went to the store again and bought 4 more bunches of bananas so I could make banana bread. On Sunday I got all the ingredients and started to make banana bread. I went to the cupboard and...
the bananas were gone. It had only been 2 DAYS!!
I called Emma to me and asked about the bananas. She says she ate them. I asked if they were under her bed. She said no. I asked where all the peels went. She said she threw them away.
The mystery is that: 1. she usually starts a banana and leaves it half eaten on the counter for me to find (which didn't happen), 2. she usually doesn't throw away the banana peels, 3. there should have been a pile of banana peels in the trash which I would have noticed, 4. she's only 5 years old, and 5. because she should have the runs or something from eating that many bananas!!!
So, I can't believe she ate that many bananas, yet I can't find the bananas so they must be gone. But, then I tell myself -- 6 bunches of bananas?!
Anybody have any clues?
5 comments:
Maybe she's trying to grow a banana tree and is planting them outside. It is mysterious, though, and I recommend a new place for the bananas in the meantime, where Emma won't be able to find them, or eat without permission.
John (Conrad)
Did you look under her bed? I think she is stashing them somewhere for later.
I looked under the bed, complimentary of course, and didn't see any fruit of any kind, though I did see some horrifying things.. I did see one banana peel in Mom's bathroom though. Very suspicious...
HEY MOM!!!!! Emma is a monkey in her class and I saw her eating a banana and she said, "I am a monkey in my class so that means I like bananas!" Then I explained that you don't have to eat bananas to be a monkey but she didn't care.
Hannah
Well there is one idea. You will need a security camera, a computer hard drive, and of course another bunch of bananas...
If that doesn't work, have Travis foil wrap a box, run some wires out of it and tell Emma that she is about to take a lie detector test. And if she fails, Santa won't come this year.
Post a Comment