30 Days of Gratitude -- Day 14

>> Friday, November 14, 2008

I am grateful that...

Hannah has found a new interest. I've haven't touched a sewing project for years, but, because of a school assignment I had to pull out the sewing machine. Hannah is studying pilgrims/colonists and had to pick an assignment to do. There was a list of things like making a tin lantern, making candles, dying clothes, and making ink out of berries. I told Hannah that the only thing I was qualified to help her with was making a patchwork quilt. So that's what we've been working on. Hannah caught on quickly and was soon zooming along with sewing the squares. She wanted to know how to do everything and made me explain how to thread the bobbin and how to put the squares together. She even stayed up until midnight because she didn't want to stop. Hannah has even declared that she likes sewing better than American Girl dolls, and now she wants a machine of her own for Christmas.

As much as I hate the school making us do these time consuming and expensive projects that there is no way the kids could do without parental help... I'm glad that because of it Hannah has discovered something new.

1 comments:

Hanny Banany!!! November 19, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Thank you for noticing me!

Hana

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP