Scarred for Life
>> Thursday, October 9, 2008
Last night we began packing to go to LA and the living room had piles of clothes and things. I also had a pile of some of the kids toys to keep them entertained.
This morning, when Emma woke up she saw the piles of toys and began to cry.
She thought we were selling her toys.
(What would give her that idea? Just because we've been selling off possessions all summer...)
*
*
*
On a different note. A couple of weeks ago Emma came home from school with a note saying she'd failed her hearing test. So, we took her in to see the school district audiologist who retested her. Apparently she can't hear really high sounds out of her right ear. But since this is outside of the range of normal hearing, they said not to worry about it. They want us to bring her in every year to be reevaluated to make sure it doesn't get worse.
*
*
*
As far as employment goes, Travis was hired on by American Express. It wasn't the job we'd hoped for, but it'll help pay the bills. On the bright side, they started him out at a higher wage than usual because of his experience. Also, they had said that the next training session didn't start until the end of the month, but they called him this week and asked if he could start Monday instead. So, that's good. Travis has always been interested in working for American Express (he did some temp work there once years ago). So, this gets his foot in the door and hopefully it can become the job he was wanting (sooner rather than later).
*
*
*
Yesterday I had an interview with JD Clark. This is the company I most want to work for. It's a CPA firm that does the accounting and tax preparation for hedge funds. Having worked as a stock broker, this sounds extremely interesting.
I think my interview went well. He asked what I knew about the firm and after I told him he said that that was the best answer he's heard. He also said I asked good questions. So, hopefully I did well. Looking back on it now and analyzing everything I said, I think I may have sounded
like an idiot, but at the time I thought it went well.
They offer a $10,000 bonus when you pass your CPA exam, a standard bonus, a merit bonus, and profit sharing. But, the coolest benefit he mentioned was the $500 clothing allowance!! The downside is that they have unlimited sodas and snacks.
But, he said they still need to interview at other schools so it could be a couple of weeks before I hear anything. I hate waiting.
0 comments:
Post a Comment