The Crimson Tide

>> Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm not sure why but Hannah and Emma get nosebleeds...a lot. Is it the dry air? The change in the season? The fact they are prone to dry skin (especially Hannah)?

Hannah is old enough that she just takes care of it and I don't need to do anything. Emma knows what to do too; however, having a bloody nose tends to make her slightly hysterical.

Last night I was watching tv with Travis after we'd sent Emma to bed when I hear her crying. I go check on her and she's in the bathroom with a bloody nose doing the weird hysterical crying thing. So I brought her back to our room to take care of her.

We tried to comfort her and help while waiting for the bloody nose to end, but she won't let us do anything and keeps crying. We have to force her to use fresh tissues when the old ones get too gross. Travis eventually gets her to lay down.

After a while the bleeding begins to stop, and when we tell her this she immediately stops her hysterical crying and is normal again. (???)

The gross thing was, since Travis had had her lay down, some of the blood had pooled in the back of her throat. So when she sat up she spit out a bunch of blood. Of course Travis had left the room and I was the one who got to help with that. Ewww.

The one good thing about last night is that is was "normal bleeding". In the past she sometimes gets bloody noses that are "chunky". I think they're blood clots. Once one was hanging half way out of her nose and I had to pull it out. The pediatrician assures me this is normal.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP