Date Night? What Date Night?

>> Wednesday, February 11, 2009

With me going to school at night and Travis working swing shift, finding a regular time each week for us to go out has been extremely difficult. (I'm sure William can relate.)

Travis works 4 ten hour shifts from 1:30 to midnight on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We chose for him to have Tuesday off since that's the night he has scouts, and Wednesday since the girls have YW and he needs to be here to watch the younger two since I'm at school. My school schedule is M 6-9, T 6-9, W 3-9, and Th 3-6. Added to this Emma has afternoon kindergarten, so she's home until 12:40 M-Th and until 11:20 on Friday.

The girls only see him Tuesday and Wednesday evening, Saturday morning, and Sunday.

We thought about going out every Saturday morning, but the girls have sewing lessons. Also, nothing's open that early except the grocery store and IHOP (and going out to breakfast every week gets really expensive). Also morning dates might be bad because if he worked the night before he's tired and doesn't want to get up early. Also, depending on the day or the week I might have a lot of homework to get done before class that night and have no free time.

So, I was in a quandary.

Until finally I solved it! Yeah me! Tuesday Afternoon Dates. On Tuesday I don't have to leave for class until 5:30. So, we have a few hours after we drop off Emma at kindergarten (unless there are Dr appts or something) until the kids get home from school. And things/places are open at that time.

I finally figured this out last week, but I already had SEP conferences set up during that time for Hannah and Emma. So, this week was our first date in.......a while. We used the AMC movie gift card John and Julie gave us for Christmas (thanks!) and went to see Inkheart.

Now, my next dilemma is to come up with a time each month for us to do something as a family.

1 comments:

Suzanne February 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

A date night... what's that:) I'm impressed you were able to find a time with both or your crazy schedules. You need to email me you're weekly schedule sheet...

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP