Gingerbread Houses

>> Monday, December 8, 2008

This year, while avoiding finals, I decided that it would be a great idea to make a gingerbread house from scratch! (It's amazing the lengths I'll go to not to study.) I might have been delusional. So, I invited Marjorie and her family over for Sunday dinner, where we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, and then decorated a gingerbread house for each family. Grandma Veldron would have been proud.


The houses aren't as dark as I'd like because the recipe didn't call for any molasses, so next year I want to find a different recipe. But, it did help that I first made the gingerbread house from cardboard and then "glued" the gingerbread to the cardboard house. I think it helped to make the houses more stable.


Even though it was a pain I think I might want to make this an annual tradition. Since I've done it once I think it'll go more smoothly next time now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing.


Front view:


Back view:


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP