Ashley versus The Orthodontist

>> Friday, September 12, 2008

Last month I took Ashley to an orthodontist appointment. I dropped her off while mom, me, Hannah, and Emma quickly ran to Smiths to get a couple of things. While there I got a call from her saying that they wanted to talk to me. She told me to come in alone.

I assumed this had something to do with her seriously delinquent orthodontist bill, so Mom decided to come in with me, and I brought her sisters in anyway so they wouldn't be in the car alone -- but I threatened them to behave and not embarrass Ashley.

Apparently Ashley had been telling them how much she wanted her braces off, and they offered to take them off now if I approved. Her teeth were straight, but the overbite still needed to move a couple more millimeters. They wanted to leave them on a few more months to get it perfect, but it was up to me.

Of course mom immediately pipes up vehemently saying that taking them off now would be a bad idea and that we should leave them on like the orthodontist wanted to.

At this point Ashley turns to me and says "I told you to come in alone!" Here I thought she didn't want her sisters bugging her, instead it was grandma she didn't want because she knew she'd be against it.

How well she knows her grandma!

4 comments:

Wendy September 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

John said I didn't tell you what happened.

Ashley still has her braces on, we're waiting till they're perfect (since we've spent a small fortune.) I already wanted to keep them on, mom didn't sway me. I believe they're coming off the beginning of November. (And I've sworn to Ashley that they will come off then, even if the doctor changes his mind.)

Celeste September 18, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Weren't they supposed to come off in June or something though?

Wendy September 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

They were but she didn't wear her elastics.

Wendy September 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP